In a nutshell: I feel great about today (except that once again, I am going to bed late…but what else is new??). I ate a lot of fruit, and had a yummy lunch, and drank a lot of water! The hardest part about lunch was that I could have definitely chosen better options, but it still wasn’t HORRIBLE.
- Bananas (I ate a few of them, I think)
- TACO! Gosh it was delicious. Homemade Mexican chicken, a little cheese, olives, and some guacamole on a hard corn tortilla shell (that had very little sodium!!)
- Refried beans (less than 1/4 cup)
- Spanish rice (less than 1/4 cup)
- Green smoothie! (2 bananas, one apple, and a handful of spinach, blended together with a little lime and lemon juice. YUM!!!!)
Reflection: I don’t regret a single thing about today. I watched portions very carefully and felt like I had the right amount of calories for the day. I am very happy and relieved that I feel this good about it! I was starting to think I was actually freaking out about having as much as 700 calories, then today I realized I can not continue to do that. I need around 1400 calories to successfully lose weight. While it’s still hard to find foods I enjoy that I can eat, it’s definitely getting easier. In fact, I think my stepdad is making brown rice bowls for my mom and I to take to work for lunch. YUM!