~Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.~
~Bernice Johnson Reagon~
I thought I would open tonight’s blog with the above quote from Dr. Bernice Johnson Reagon who is a cultural voice for freedom and justice. I am mentioning her as tonight’s inspirational, motivational woman.
Today was a really postitive day. I felt so empowered by those who read my page titled “My Ugly Truth – the making of a fat girl.” I felt that my story should be told and I took the risk and put it out there. My hope is that the reader with walk away with a sense that they, too, can overcome any obstacles in their life. I do not see myself as a “victim”, I believe that each event that life brings us, we draw from that experience. I am becoming a stronger person and I am learning to say, “No”.
How did I do today?
- Breakfast – Gluten-free oatmeal with berries from The Juicy Cafe
- Snack – Split pea soup with veggies and shredded chicken from, you guessed it, The Juicy Cafe
- Lunch – Stuffed green pepper and asparagus
- Snack – Energy drink made with carrots, strawberries and oranges from, right again, The Juicy Cafe
- Dinner – Another left-over stuffed pepper
Evening Reflection: I am feeling better inside than I have felt in years and I feel really good about the changes in my life. Thank you friends!