Ahhh…Friday night and I am loving my Garlic Jim’s gluten-free veggie pizza! This one is about 225 calories a slice and I have downed three delicious slices. Guilt? None! This stuff was meant for me!
It has been a busy evening tonight, getting ready to go on an overnight road trip to watch my sister graduate with her MFA. My sister’s remarkable dedication to her education is so inspirational and I can not wait to finish reading her final manuscript. If you are reading this sis, I love you and I am so proud of your accomplishments!
I had a wonderful Friday, I went to the nail salon and got my nails done on my lunch hour and kept myself pretty busy all day. After work I had to stock up on food for my boys who are off this coming week on mid-winter break. One was with me shopping throwing things into the cart and the other was calling his dad on the phone directing him what to put into the cart. When my husband came around the corner of the aisle with two huge six packs of SAMS club muffins I said, “NO!” My husband said, “He is on the phone and he wanted the muffins.” “I already grabbed the two pack of thin sliced raisin bagels and that is what he is getting.” Suddenly a large barrel of cheese balls flew into the cart from my other son. Two hundred dollars later the only real meal I was certain the boys had was spaghetti. Parental FAIL. Things that made it in cart…
- pretzels – in a container large enough for 20 people
- several flavors of dip – like 6 jars of dip to be exact. REALLY???
- a huge meat, cheese and cracker party tray ( I hope that didn’t imply that it’s ok to have a party while I am gone). Hmmm…should have thought that one out.
- barrel of cheese balls – ARMY size.
- several bags of chips
- spaghetti and sauce…hey, there is a meal
- goldfish to snack on – Like 2,000 of these things.
- orange chicken …oh wait, another meal
- already cooked bacon…how the hell did that get in my cart? Someone will need to see a cardiologist after ingesting that weird stuff.
- bananas, apples, pineapple…3 points for me
- thin bagels…better than the big double chocolate muffins!
- pancake mix…youngest son loves to make pancakes.
- chocolate cheerios…yes, I did pick them out, I thought they looked good. I can’t have them of course, but they looked tasty and by this time, they had me in a giving mood.
Wow, these guys really know the time of day to hit me up, after work when I am tired and hungry. Even though I can’t eat any of those things, they still looked so darn good and I was more easily swayed. Oh yeah, and the old “I have friends coming over.” Yep, gets me every time!
Well, at least I stuck to my healthy eating today and will work hard to find healthy food while I am on the run this weekend. I am packing healthy snacks and I have no worries about whether or not I am motivated…I am VERY motivated to keep on track! : )
Quote of the day: