Please may I have my hour of sleep back? It is amazing how the removal of a single hour from your life can throw your body completely out of whack. I had minimal sleep last night between my own personal clock being thrown off and my very needy dog, Zack, crying because I have taken away what he believes is his dog-given right as a pack animal to sleep in my bed. I felt my way from the second floor to the first, like a scene out of The Miracle Worker. My son greeted me with, “You look tired.” I replied with, “Mmmhhhmm hhm mhhmm.”, which is exhaustion for “I didn’t sleep last night. I want my hour back.
I am removing the dog’s voice box today. Zack kept me up.” I actually have to set my iPhone on a dock and turn up relaxing spa music to soothe my chihuahua so he will fall asleep. Yes, you read that correctly, spa music for my dog. It’s like I have the Paris Hilton starter kit of chihuahuas. I sat my iPhone on a timer and when the timer went off he began to cry like Robert De Niro in Analyse This. The realization hit me last night that I was not an owner but the OWNED.
While he howled like a wild banchee, I pouted much like Sarah Palin. Not pretty. Not pretty at all.
Today’s list of things to accomplish:
- Get on my elliptical
- Actually move while on my elliptical (I found out that it doesn’t count if you climb on and then climb off)
Inflict pain upon myselfLift hand weights – better than my elliptical.
- Look for work (I would really appreciate it if all of you would let me play the lotto by myself this week, I will reciprocate next week after I have won. Thanks in advance.)
- Wash laundry (This could have been done over the week-end but I
was busy accomplishing nothinghad so many other things going on)
- Do some house cleaning….yeah…that’s not gonna happen today
- Make stuffed peppers (Yum)
That pretty much covers it. I am moving like a banana slug this morning!
Take It Or Leave It…
Try not to feel like you have to complete your list all in one day. Make certain to take time out for yourself….ok…so I am trying to justify why I will not complete the clean house portion of my list today, that’s ok, too! Spring ahead has caused me to fall back. ; )