I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and decided that today was the day, I needed to take three FEMA exams to qualify as an official emergency worker and after spending time with fellow CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) members yesterday, I knew it was now or never. I plowed my way right through the online study guides and slammed out each exam. It took me 11 hours due to a few computer glitches but I reached my goal and have my Certificates!
It is time to set some new goals and get down and dirty serious about accomplishing them…here they are…
- It is time to quit screwing around and get down to my weight-loss goal. I keep bouncing up and down like a see-saw and it is time just to stop making excuses about why I can’t get there. At this time I will have to ask the makers of Three Olives Bubble Gum and Cake Vodka to halt production while I go dry. Please pull this shit off of the shelves for a while, while I dive toward my goal. My deadline is 6 months from now, my 44th birthday in October.
- Finish out the Citizen’s Police Academy – ends early June.
- Pass my HAM Radio Operator’s test next month…I don’t see this as a problem.
- Become a CERT Captain (I needed my FEMA certificates so, I am on my way).
- Sell my Juke and purchase a new Ford Explorer…yes, if I am going to be an emergency volunteer, I want my ride equipped with a mobile HAM radio and I want room to transport anything I might need to kill zombies if that is what it comes down to. I think this is usually best if rolling on 20’s as well…just saying.
- Work on not allowing men to hurt my feelings or make me feel like I can’t accomplish something – this is a real hinderance for me and I am determined to adopt a stfu attitude toward this instead of letting it cut to my very soul.
- Catch up on reading your blogs!!!
Wishing you all a great week and much happiness! Smile more, regret less.